My Way of Living + Style

Petunias and Power washing

There are, or there should be few phrases in a gardeners world that truly strike fear into their hearts. Infestation of aphids might be one, that and early blight would be another. But being told,"we are just going to do a little power washing around the building" should strike terror into the strongest of gardeners hearts. There is nothing like a little power washing, it is all or nothing, everything swept away, vines broken, flowers beheaded, soil dumped. And when Council mentioned that they were planning on doing a little power washing around the building, I was worried.

It's the peak of summer, I have the nicest pink petunias, and my hosta's did I mention that my hosta's are really, really, nice this year? I was sure they wanted to power wash them, of course they said they wanted to power wash the building, but I knew that it would end up being my hosta's that were power washed. After many negotiations,"break anything and…," we came to a compromise. Gar would be the one who cleaned around our area. He did a great job, and never broke anything. Now the building is nice and clean. And did I mention that my hosta's are really nice this year?

Garden, Inspiration, and more:

Petunias and Power washing + Style