My Way of Living + Things

Don't quit your day job

I have the wickedest headache! A terrible one, and its all your fault!! This blogging thing is getting in the way of my life. The problem is I love it! I love hearing from you, all 5 of you blog readers. In fact we should have a celebration when the total of readers jumps to 6 people. But it's keeping me up at night, wide awake at 2 am, writing posts in my head, and planning what I am going to write, and it's not a good thing.
My husband told me"don't let it take over your life". Gee do you think he said that because he has not seen me for days, since I am always at the computer, writing or checking out other blogs, and we never seems to get dinner on time any more. Or maybe he said that because the other night I got up at 2am, and starting to write down ideas for the blog, using the meager illumination of the security lights on our patio. It was so dark I could only see the paper, and not what I had written. I did not want to wake him up, so maybe next time I can get one of those book lights. Last night I realized that what I need is a voice activated recorder. Then I can just mumble whatever profond thoughts come to me between 2am and 4am into the recorder, and play them back in the morning. Who wouldn't want to do this for a living, not that I do, sorry to disappoint you. You get out of bed, and the commute is really short, the computer is right there. People listen to you, and you get to talk to them via email all day. You could take as many breaks as you like, no boss to say"get back to work". Well between my husband, cooking, work, gardening, trying to become a better photographer, and starting my own business, there's not much free time left. And my poor garden is suffering. It needs to be fed, but I just don't have the inclination, Pioneer Woman has a new post and I need to check it out…

Blog, Blogging, cooking, Performance, and more:

Don't quit your day job + Things