My Way of Living + Light

Then it’s creativity for dinner

If it is Blogs for Breakfast, then it’s definitely creativity for dinner. Nothing makes me want to create something, go out and take pictures, or brainstorm new ideas more then a deadline heading straight towards me.
On a day where I am due at work, the ideas flow. They even go so far as to follow me out the door, and whispering to me while I am at there. Frustrating, and interesting at the same time. Because I certainly don’t consider myself the kind of personality that does well on a time budget. But apparently it is the wake up call that I require. On a unlimited day, one that involves more then just a few spare moments here and there, the creative seed lays dormant. Nothing comes to mine, no inspirations pop out of the computerized wood work. Half finished projects remain, just half finished. New ideas stay put, deeply hidden in my brain. But on the day, when I need to go to work, or a appointment, everything bursts from the soil like a sunflower headed towards the light.
What’s with that? Does creativity need a rest from the real world to decide to germinate? Or does the fact that there won’t be enough time make it more challenging to the creative spirit? What process does your brain go through to get to the final completion of the creative ideas that you have?
Share!

Blog, Blogging, Inspiration, and more:

Then it’s creativity for dinner + Light