My Way of Living + Things

Every garden needs a resident Faerie

Every garden needs a resident Faerie.
My blogger buddy Carolynn, over at A Glowing Ember, dropped by the nursery when I wasn't working the other week. She left me a lovely gift, and it sat in the office for awhile before someone mentioned it to me. When I arrived at work and retrieved the raspberry colored gift bag and found out it was from her I was tempted to open it right away. It had her name on a tag, and masses of tissue paper hiding something special inside. Something made me wait, after all a bit of suspense is a good thing. I worked all day through the heat, and the thought of going home and having a unexpected gift to open was good enough to stop me from wilting. There was a beautiful handmade card, elegantly simple and white, with a handwritten sentiment inside that read"every garden needs a resident Faerie. May this serve as a doorway to magic and wonders unseen where dreams reside." I unwrapped it, and found the most adorable little Faerie door. I have tried it out in many places, under the hosta for the green loving faeries. Against the brick wall for the city dwelling faeries, and in the golden hops for the faeries that love to live in high places.

If you are interested in seeing where she found it, you can check out the Etsy shop at NothingButWood. Carolynn, thank you. Maybe the resident Faerie will give me hand with the garden cleanup next year.

I am sorry, I have tried and tried, Blogger seems to be in a snit over links today. So none of the links that I posted will work. But you can still find Carolynns blog by Googling, A Glowing Ember.

Blog, Garden, Performance, and more:

Every garden needs a resident Faerie + Things