My Way of Living + Visual

Paper flowers from Coffee filters

This is one of those easy to make projects that I found it on Pinterest and actually made.

These coffee filter roses have turned out to be so cute. You know the kind of projects
I'm talking about, the intentional ones, the ones you are so excited to start to make, and then they sit there in your bookmarks list blinking at you. I was meaning to get to them for a while. And I finally did it. In reality there is still a huge pile of lovely pastel colored paper on my drafting desk, a stack of more of them asking to be made, soon. It’s really easy to dye the filters with food coloring, and then cut them into spirals. There’s a link to the tutorial below. I made quite a few and tucked them under a glass gardening cloche I had, they made a lovely Easter display. I'm not sure if it's because it's spring, or just past Easter that makes these so appealing. I’ve used craft glue instead of a glue gun, because it’s still missing after the move.

2-Paper flowers-2675

For some reason I kept thinking that they were supposed to end up looking more like Ranuncula’s than roses… and it was frustrating me to no end. I tried to manipulate them into a ranuncula shape, a circular dip in the center, rimmed with taller petals…wound, and unwound the paper…sticky fingers, gummy paper, and I just couldn't get them to look right… Then I went back and read the tutorial… and roses they should be.

6-Paper flowers-2687

Here’s the link to the coffee filter roses pin on my board. And if you would like to follow me on Pinterest here’s a link to that also. Have you made them? I would love to know how they turned out for you if you have.

Boot, food, and more:

Paper flowers from Coffee filters + Visual