My Way of Living + Story

5 things not to say to a gardener in a cold climate

Where I live now there are more piles of snow dotting the landscape then there are patches of grass. We expect snow in Winter, but when it hangs on too long there are some pretty antsy gardeners.

My well meaning friends back where I used to live are sending me photos, and telling me that spring is 6 weeks early, when it seems that mine is later then ever. Have you ever been in this situation? Every time you get a email it's someone s haring sprouted green leaves, and avenues of Cherry trees dripping with blossoms. Meanwhile the only thing dripping at your place is your nose. Nothing can make you ooze sap faster then a pruned rose bush in May then photos arriving on your ice cold computer in March. Lush blossoms sprinkling the virtual page, when all around you are bare, dark branches and patches of snow. It's not that we don't love the photos…it's the sentiments attached, they seem a little thorny, spiking jealousy in our gardener's hearts. Here's my list of top 5 things not to say to gardeners with sodden, frozen, soil, hidden under a avalanche of snow at this time of year. After all, I should know, at one time I was one of those obnoxious gardeners who sent friends pictures of snow drops in January, and look where I live now. Talk about garden karma. 1. Spring will come to your place eventually, did you know that ours is earlier each year? 2. Shall I send more photos to make up for your long winter? 3. You can garden inside can't you, start some seeds, you can plant them outside in a few months. 4. You could take up crocheting, all gardeners love to crochet. 5. I'm sure there are nice greenhouses where you live, you can visit them until spring comes along. Oh yes, as soon as they plow the driveways, and shovel the snow. Or maybe I can take the huskies, and the dogsled out for a run. No, really, stop making us envy you spring will come to us, just stop rubbing it in. To pass the time until spring arrives, check out the new Facebook group that Laura, from Simple Serene Living and I have created. The Over 40 Blogging World is a FB group for woman bloggers providing positive support for each other no matter how big, or small their blogs are, or which platform they use. It's a fun group, and we would love to see you there.
We'll have virtual, calorie free cupcakes too! Chocolate, and vanilla. PS, just a reminder I'm moving my blog this week, so expect a few glitches.
I'll still be the same blogger, showing my photos, weaving my stories, it will just be at Word Press, and under a new name www.thelightlaughed.com. You can read about the change here.
I'd would love to have you come along as the journey continues.

art of living, Blog, Dream, Garden, and more:

5 things not to say to a gardener in a cold climate + Story