My Way of Living + Things

Music to garden by

Yesterday I decided to fit in a little gardening, and enjoy this extraordinary run of sunny weather we have been having. The deck is still a mess, and it looks like it will be for some time. On the way out the door I thought briefly about turning the stereo on loud enough that I could hear it outside. The music might be soothing, but I was in a contemplative mood, so I changed my mind.

Had I turned it on I would never have heard the natural gardening music. There were birds singing, gulls keening, chickadee's were chirping. Crows were cawing at each other, and anyone else who moved. Faint rustles in whispering leaves as the warming breeze swept through the branches of the Rhodo. A wind chime from far away gave off a high tinkle, like sunlight sparkling on water. I listened to the sound of Bootsie appearing, as he slithered through the open patio door. Always hopeful that I would put down my gloves and go inside to feed him another helping of his favorite canned food. Then after wards the crackle of stirred up dead leaves as he runs through the shrubs, playing"hide and go seek Bootsie" with me.

The smallest of birds with wings fluttering descending on the winter bird seed, rushing away with a whir when they discover me there instead. Truly music to garden by.

food, Garden, HOPE, Performance, and more:

Music to garden by + Things