My Way of Living + Light

Help, I’ve got periwinkle walls
3-House shots-0701

Dear decorating dilemma help line, “Oh no, I’ve got periwinkle walls in my living room, my hallway, and my studio. The only curtains I’ve got right now for the living room are Oxblood coloured red.” What’s a girl supposed to do? I challenge anyone to come up with a good thought about that color combo. After all, pale pastels, and deep jewel earth tones? Not quite working. One of the little treaties that the old owners left behind for us were cans, and cans of paint. All carefully marked with room, and color. It’s a lovely gesture, only problem is,they are not quite the colors I would choose [meaning I really, really, really!!! don’t like them]. So I don’t think I will be using any of the touch up paint in the near future.

2-Camera phone 2012-914

We have deep blue hallway, and deep blue carpet going up the stairs, with a pale lemon yellow top floor, as accent color. And periwinkle, now I love periwinkle, it’s color from my wedding, but even I am crying Uncle over this one. It’s everywhere, except for the kitchen, which is a cantaloupe color. One bathroom is pink, toilet, sink, cupboards, soaker tub, all flesh eating pink. My bedroom is lime green…

1-Camera phone 2012-906

What’s a girl to do?

4-House shots-0712

The curtains I had from before are Oxblood red, yes that’s a color, it’s a beautiful warm reddish with tinges of brown in it. And it goes perfectly with the fireplace, I mean perfectly. But the fireplace doesn’t go with the wall colors, or with the floor… rugs? All over the walls maybe?

5-House shots-0708

We have to live with the wall colors for a few weeks, and the curtains will need to stay until I have some extra money to buy some new ones. Any suggestions, and no burning them doesn’t count.

art of living, Blog, and more:

Help, I’ve got periwinkle walls + Light