My Way of Living + Light

We’ve found our dream home

House Hunting: the series finale, and a new beginning

Amaryillis-1404

It’s been fun writing this series on our house hunting adventure for our dream home. I certainly feel that being able to write about the houses we saw was cathartic. Trust me, there are more stories… and somehow I do wish I could post pics of some of the houses we saw, but some things are better left to the imagination. Did you know all the time we were looking for our dream home, I had this thought in the back of my mind, as to how am I going to explain to you the blog reader that we are not going to be buying a farm after all? That my allergies are so severe now that the thought of working outside on a farm in the spring is impossible. I mean who worries about telling their blog readers that their dream has changed? Well me.

Amaryillis-1427

It was our dream, a small farm, but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. And you know, that’s OK with me, my Sister’s farm is within 10 minutes of where we will live, and in the other direction, my parents are 10 minutes away. It’s as perfect as we can make it. And we are in love with our new home, eagerly waiting to move in at the beginning of February. A little Cape Cod, on a large lot, in a very rural subdivision, there are farms just a few streets over. It’s our first house, and it’s our dream home.

Amaryillis-1388

I can’t wait to make some changes, to make this house our home. We have a budget just like everyone else, and I am going to be sharing with you my frugal ideas, and asking for your input on design changes. You have always left such encouraging comments, and given great advice. We searched among so many houses, and this one stole our heart, so we know that it’s meant to be.

Amaryillis-1409

Right now I am busy pining photos on Pinterest, kitchen ideas, living room ideas, gardening ideas, and bedroom ideas. My mind is brimming with thoughts, and I am going to share them with you. And I can’t wait to design my garden, it has in ground sprinklers, and lots of perennials already, so it will be exciting to see what pops up. So as soon as we get inside, I will start sharing, it’s been a adventure, and thanks for coming along, the real fun is just starting.

art of living, Blog, and more:

We’ve found our dream home + Light