My Way of Living + Words

Getting out and about

We live around 20 minutes

3-2013 01 10_0405

from the almost big city, which has much nicer veggies, fruit and stuff! and is less expensive then local little town grocery. It’s always a treat for me to venture out there. Of course with all the snow around here venturing out means bundling up and preparing to be chilled to the bone and that’s before you step into the the parking lot of the store… according to my Mom. But by the time you are in the big box shopping for groceries… you realize that you have over dressed. So off come the mittens, the scarf is unwound, and the process of regretting the extra layer of long underwear that is starting to make your ankles sweat starts.

1-2013 01 10_0411

If you shop with my Mom you will always be asked if you have mitts with you, and a scarf, and are you never dressed warmly enough. To make her happy on goes the extra sweater, the winter coat, the mitts are in the pockets, and the scarf is wound around my neck.

2-2013 01 10_0407

After all we could have a breakdown on a major hiway, the cell phone could be uncharged, and for once the relatively busy hiway could be deserted. She believes in leaving nothing to chance, and I believe she still thinks I am 10 years old. But that woman can still out shop me any day, and she is in her late 70’s.

4-2013 01 10_0403

I came home yesterday with sore feet, after spending 5 hours shopping with her, it took us that long to wander through the mall, and hit two big box retailers… not bad eh? We managed to fit lunch in there also, and a short visit to our local library.

5-2013 01 10_0396

At the end she turned to me and offered me some Smarties, [chocolate candy only in Canada eh?] and said “that was fun.” “ Fun? ” You mean driving in below zero temperatures, getting in and out of a freezing truck, hauling 12.5 pounds of beef fat for the birds, 10 bags of groceries from two big box retailers, and getting feet so sore I can hardly walk, is fun? Yep, it was fun. Lets do it again some day, and I look forward to it Mom.

HAPPY, Life, and more:

Getting out and about + Words