My Way of Living + Things

There be monsters

The gray dank fog that shrouds the beach is both eerie, and cold. Effectively hiding the water from sight. It is disturbing to hear voices speaking, and birds splashing but not be able to see anything.

The sun tries dishearteningly to burn off fog halo's that are circling visitors heads, instead giving up to sulk behind a curtain of gloom.

As sounds echo from the water, I am reminded of a quote I once saw on a antique map."There be monsters", it referred to what was then considered the edges of a flat earth. It was thought that monsters lived below the ends, waiting to gulp up unsuspecting sailors. If they had encountered fog like this, then I could easily understand why they thought that.

Tiring of the fog's icy, and inappropriate pinches, I return to my car. Hoping to find some sunshine that will burn off thoughts of monsters shrouded in fog.

Nature, Performance, Seasons, and more:

There be monsters + Things