My Way of Living + Style

Morning glories and sunshine
2009 09 07 093

Since rediscovering seeds again last year, and remembering how easy peasy they are to grow, I was wondering how I could have forget this? I did grow sweet peas, beans, and sugar snap peas from seed every year, but I kind of neglected the flower portion of the garden. Instead choosing to spend my hard earned bucks on Cambridge blue lobelia, and white impatiens, along with the occasional, really colorful annual to supplement my perennials, and my other plants. Today I bought a handful of seeds, and there is so much sunshine in the sunflowers faces, I can see them blooming in my mind already.

2009 07 30 184

This is the year that I am going to change a few things up, instead of the sweet peas taking centre stage beside the garden gate, and under the arch, there will be giant bright yellow sunshine colored sunflowers. And in my mind, there will be stunning sky blue morning glories twining their way up the stems, and around the arch. Can you imagine, the first thing I will see in the morning when I open the curtains is their sunny faces. I can hardly wait to smell the fragrance of the sweet peas as they are nestled into their new location near the brick wall dividing the condos. We have also bought some dwarf bush beans, because there is nothing better than quickly steamed green beans right off of the bush, on a summer’s night. The rectangle shaped community garden plot will have giant yellow sunflowers acting as bookends to more sugar snap peas. I will show you photos when they bloom. Because of the bugs, and the wire worms we are unable to grow any root veggies in those beds. Rounding off the outside of the deck will be giant pots of those gorgeous double click Cosmo's that I saved the seeds from last year, smothered in the glaucous blue foliage, and tender tiny white double blossoms of the baby’s breath. Both of these lovelies need little water, and bloom all summer long.

2009 08 17 040

I am ready for spring, planning this garden in my mind, working through it’s challenges, and looking ahead. Have you started your spring planning yet? Did you buy seeds yet? Are you going to? Jane

Garden, Inspiration, and more:

Morning glories and sunshine + Style