My Way of Living + Words

When too many of those DUH! moments happen to you

We all do it, have a

2-Snowy days 2012-1502

DUH! moment, a split second that we are not monitoring our own well being and end up doing something that we would not normally do… Like misplacing our wallets the car keys, or even forgetting where we parked the car in the supermarket lot. Maybe it’s taking one medication and forgetting the other one. Or not remembering it’s garbage day until the truck drives past your house. Letting the pot boil over onto the stove, leaving the tap running,or a light on in a room that is unused for days.

4-Snowy days 2012-1501

It’s a DUH! moment, and yes that’s Homer Simpson you hear in the background with his trademark DUH!

5-Snowy days 2012-1521

I’ve had a few too many lately… like the mad money change purse that I “misplaced” for over a week, it held around $20, enough for a good amount of craft supplies, and it was lost. Big time, in fact the last time I remembered having it in my hand was in a dollar store… and I thought for sure someone else now had a mini windfall. Then there was the $50 bill a Christmas gift from someone, I put it in a “safe place” you know those places.the kind you tell your husband “remember where I put this for safe keeping, because you know that I won’t remember” and he absent mindedly nods yes while doing something else. I hide it, and a month later realized that I couldn’t find it. And he had no idea what I was talking about. The day I tried to scrub the inside of a glass clean with a long handled dish brush, pushing too hard, for some silly reason thinking that the glass would stretch… it did, as it cracked and cut my thumb open. Still bandaged over that one.

3-Snowy days 2012-1505

Too many DUH! moments lately, too many cuts, too many lost items… How many DUH! moments have you had lately… and can we blame it on winter?

Life, RUN, running, and more:

When too many of those DUH! moments happen to you + Words