My Way of Living + Story

Don't promise me the moon

I'm reluctantly trying something old again.
And I have absolutely no idea how it's going to turn out.
I guess all I can do is cross my fingers, and spit over my right shoulder as I blink my left eye, while standing on my toes, or was that the heels of my feet?

I'm using Blogger's template to write this post.
I haven't done that since the wondrous day that I first heard of Windows Live Writer and migrated over to it faster than a seagull can grab your french fry and take off.
Like that seagull flying off to the beach with your fry, I too, never looked back, with good reason.
I disliked [we don't say the word hate on this blog] intensely using this format.
Disliked intensely!
Now I've gone and done it, Blogger will probably do something in retaliation to me…like lose my blog. Oh no, that was someone else that did it a while ago for me didn't they?
I love WLR, love love love it…I don't need to think, to worry, or think…did I say that one already?
It was intuitive for me…anything is a learning curve, but WLR was lovely. I could bang off a post in no time flat.
And now, I need to change stuff to suit my post, and then re change stuff to suit my post, and…well you get the picture.
Because…
It seems that Blogger sulks when you write in something other than Blogger. WLR uses a different code or some squishy complex computer jargon, and the end result is that should I ever open a post in Blogger after it's published, it's pretty messed up.
As in nowhere resembling anything that I slaved over, exacting, measuring, formatting text…resizing photos.
It's all gone in a cloud of smoke if you write it in Windows Live Writer, and publish it to a blog.
It's the images that I have the most problem with…text wraps around, slides off of, covers up, moves them up or down at will.
I know, after blogging for this long, I should know enough HTML to do my own something to fix it in a flash. It's kind of like a professional photographer not knowing how to shoot in manual.
I'm no pro at this, but I do know how to shoot in manual in case you are wondering.
It's just that using Bloggers format makes me feel like a stranger in a one blog town. And that's not a good feeling.
Blogger likes to switch things up mid-sentence on me…I merrily write along, typing away…unthinkingly. And then am shocked when I look back at the text carnage left on the screen.
WLR doesn't do that to me. It's all fine, and polite, soft spoken…like me.
Don't laugh.
I really am.

And if you write in Blogger's format you will totally understand what I am saying when I tell you that I keep looking at that button on the bottom right hand side of my screen that says.
Report a issue!
The exclamation point is mine, but you understand how disturbing it is to see it hovering there when you are trying to be creative [writing, once again, last minute, by the seat of your pants].
Report a issue? Well of course I've got a issue, where would you like to start.
It's dinner time in about two minutes, I am frantically writing a post. The cat is meowing like there is no tomorrow, and the husbands stomach is growling over the TV news that is blaring in the living room.
I am also mesmerized by the blank, white screen of blogger doom. Is that enough of a issue for you? And do you want to hear it?
Or are you just putting that button there to distract me?
Oh, and I can't make the font stay on Verdana which is where I would like it to be…forever.
I also have a trust issue with your save button up there, namely, I don't trust that it's working. I keep checking to see if it is saving my posts, sneaking glances at it to see if it's working.
Which completely distracts me from the white screen of blogger doom.
Why put that report a issue button there if you don't want to hear about the issues in my life?
Oh, you're saying it has nothing to do with my life?
Well then don't make promises you can't keep.
How's that for advice? Speaking of advice, if you use the Blogger format could you drop me a bit of advice on how to permanently change the font? And if you have any other tidbits, please…feel free to scatter them in your comments. The seagull is hungry again.

art of living, Blog, Blogging, Dream, and more:

Don't promise me the moon + Story