My Way of Living + Words

A break in the snow, and could that be sun?
3-Color skies-30

Hi, first let me ask you if you recognize what that hidden lump under the snow is? Yes, it’s a picnic table… can you believe it? Then I would like to clear up any misconceptions that I am complaining about the snow now why on earth would I do that? I’m learning to appreciate it. It’s only going to be complained about in March and beyond, then I won’t be happy if it is still here.

1-Color skies-28

It’s snow, there is a lot of it we learn to deal with it. At least it’s brighter outside now, and yesterday it was lovely… there was actual sun for about a half hour. Amazing, wonderful, stunning, oh my heart, sun! Yes real Sun! The icicles started to melt, the roads cleared up, the snow fell from the trees. But today we are supposed to start being cold again. That’s life.

2-Color skies-29

I am trying to find my next Pinterest Pick, actually I’ve found some good ones, but then it’s too dark to photography anything, like the twisted pretzels… oh totally yum, we ate them all the same night. The natural room scents with citrus, and sage, smells wonderful, looks pretty bad in the pan after it heated up, forgot to take a photo of it before, and you don’t want to see the after. The de-icer spray you can make for your sidewalks, except instead of rubbing alcohol, I used vinegar… not a good choice. What did you say sweetie, the sidewalks are all covered in ice? Really, I have no idea why.

4-Color skies-31

Oh, and the yogurt, a total fail the first time, hmmm might our freezing cold house be a little too cold to make yogurt in? So after I turned up the heat it worked perfectly. It’s turning out so good we are on our second batch, and I can start to feel my toes again with the heat. One day I will get it all together and get the photos taken at the same time as I make a Pinterest Pick.

5-Snow and more snow-128

Here’s a photo of the chalkboard my Dad and I made, well… I held the wood, and he stapled, glued and nailed, but I painted the chalkboard myself. I love this, it’s large around 2 x 3 feet… it fits perfectly on the wall in my kitchen, and solves what to put there. I want more of them! I think I got the quote slightly wrong, but I wasn’t going to go back and do it over again. And wow, have you noticed that each day is slightly longer! Wonderful.

HAPPY, Life, road, and more:

A break in the snow, and could that be sun? + Words