My Way of Living + Words

What your Christmas ornaments tell about you
1-Joy Christmas-73

Most of us have some sort of old Christmas ornaments hiding out in our stash, and it’s amazing the stories they can tell about who we were. It’s almost like going on a archaeological dig through our life that shows our taste. From the handmade by us as children to the shiny brights in odd colors they reflect what we loved, and who we were.

4-Joy Christmas-56

Going through my boxes of ornaments brings back memories of how enamoured we became with some styles, and colors. From my crafty times there were the handmade felt mice with embroidery thread whiskers, cross stitched hearts still containing the faintest whiff of potpourri. The pearlized angels and delicate glass and gold ornaments from the eighties, big hair, big glitz, big trees.

2-Joy Christmas-61

The Victorian years when we were into French horns, antique sleighs, and lace, everything had lots of lace, ribbons, and was covered in dried flowers. There were the red years, with red shiny brights, boxes and boxes of them, masses of red berries, and if stayed still long enough to glue a red plaid ribbon on it, you would.

3-Joy Christmas-59

Copper was a big draw for years, it started with a few antique pale shimmering shiny brights from my childhood given to me by my Mom. It evolved into a collection of copper colored, tangerine, orange, and russet ornaments that I still love but need a break from for a year or so. I moved from copper to chartreuse, that vivid eye popping green that was in my wardrobe, my ornaments, even my wallet was that color… and now I just can’t understand my infatuation with it.

5-Joy Christmas-44

Now it’s turquoise, I love turquoise, can you tell… let’s just hope that this love affair outlasts the others. Turquoise… you are my true love, all those other shades of Christmas were just the runners up to your shining beauty. So what interesting color combos do you have hidden in your stash, or are you a love em and leave em kind of Christmas decorator, do you shop and drop, changing from one year to the other?

HOPE, Life, RUN, and more:

What your Christmas ornaments tell about you + Words