My Way of Living + Story

Wednesdays, and Winter is almost over before it began

Wednesdays are great days, middle of the week, optimistic kind of days.
Full of hope, but still having the memory of the last weekend echoing in your mind.
I like Wednesdays, and I like weekends. There is something about having two days that traditionally have been known for relaxing lay ahead of you.

Golden leaves on trees

So I am hanging onto Wednesdays, just like the few determined leaves that are still hanging onto bare wet branches.
Those leaves fill me with optimism, kind of a “if they can hang in there with all the cold weather, and wind buffeting them” then I can face the upcoming winter also.
My neighbour, the retired farmer has the best outlook on winter.
This is his take on it.
“Well… [and here he will pause for multiple seconds just for effect, or maybe to gather his thoughts], you have November to get through which isn’t that long… and then you have December with all of that Christmassy stuff going on.
After that you only have January to go through, because by February you are looking forward to spring.”
When he told me this, I just looked at him dumbfounded… all I could get out was “well you are not a gardener then are you.”
Later when I thought about it, I realized that he is indeed a gardener, but on a much larger scale, after all he was a farmer.
He has lived here for most of his life, waiting out the seasons, ploughing, sowing, harvesting, and getting prepared to do it all over again.

Popular trees with mountains

That’s a real honest to goodness cloud up there!
So by my way of thinking, if Wednesdays are the middle of the week, then November should be like a Thursday. And because there are only a few days left before the weekend is looming, spring can’t be that far away.
Whether you are a gardener, or a farmer.

Bare trees in mountain view

This is becoming one of those, how did this get so out of control things. I am not taking a blogging break. So please be patient with me. I am trying my best to visit your blogs, and return comments as fast as I can, due to some unforeseen circumstances that seem to be slowly me down in a very unwanted way it’s taking awhile. So please, keep visiting, and leaving me those wonderfully supportive comments, I need them more then ever right now, and they are so appreciated. I read them all, some make me cry, some make me laugh… they are all good. It’s as if you are reaching out and giving me a great big blogging hug! And as soon as I am able, I will be doing the same for you. Jane

Blog, Dream, HOPE, and more:

Wednesdays, and Winter is almost over before it began + Story