My Way of Living + Light

Dear Ocean, this isn’t goodbye

Dear Ocean, this isn’t goodbye… I am not really leaving you, just letting the drive to visit you become a little longer. I will still come and see you, dip my toes into your cold water, and shiver when they start to tingle. I will still search for the morning light when I come back to visit, watching as it comes up behind the mountains. Listening to the symphony of the water birds as they greet another day. Dear Ocean, you have been in my life for so long, I don’t remember when we first met, but I have tattered black and white pictures of you, me, and many a beloved family member. I have memories of your teasing tides, always in to greet me, when all I wanted as a child was some sand to build my life’s castles on. My beloved Ocean, I will always keep you in my heart, knowing that there are some people who have never met you yet. Not had a chance to dip their toes into your surf, and I will wish them that joy. I know you giggle with the white caps, and I see the depth of your emotions on a stormy day. I know that you are one of the most important friends in my life, forever…
Dear Ocean, I miss you already, please stay in touch.

Blog, family, Home, and more:

Dear Ocean, this isn’t goodbye + Light