My Way of Living + RUN

Car — ma

I believe in Car-ma, you bump someone’s vehicle, even by accident, you fess up, but obviously many other drivers don’t. It’s also the law, and leaving is called Hit and run, not something you want to get in trouble for.
I drive a older model vehicle, it’s a ‘95. Well taken care of, inside and out, easy on gas, and just a little beat up visually. All bumps, dings, and scrapes are from other people, chance encounters in the middle of parking lots by other drivers.
The four corner bumpers, decorated with scrapes, are from my 87 year old Grandmother, she tended to park, and drive by touch. Bump, until you touch and then you are there. She didn’t need to leave a note, her bangs were more of the cement barrier kind.
The longest scrape almost invisible under a bit of dirt, is from the generous soul who decided to squeeze into the too small parking spot beside me… and drag their vehicle all the way down the length of my car. Lovely to find, especially after a hot, and hectic day working at the nursery. I often wonder if they were one of the impatient customers who yelled at me that day. They never bothered to leave me a note. The latest bump, and grind is from the other day, and this time, the person left me a note. Which really didn’t make it any easier to deal with the repercussions of being hit. The phone calls, and times spent making a claim, the appointments to have it repaired…
But at least she told me who she was, and left a number. In some ways I really feel that she has some good Car-ma points coming her way, at least a 8. Me, I’ve never hit anyone else, I have never left the scene of a accident, so I was wondering where is my good Car-ma? Or maybe those small dents, scratches, and pings, are my good Car-ma, and it could have been so much worse. How about you, on a scale of 1 – 10 what’s your Car-ma. Do you ditch, and drive, which would be a 1, or do you fess up, and feel which is a 10?
Sitting here feeling sorry for my car…

Blog, Home, Light, and more:

Car — ma + RUN