My Way of Living + Rural

Blogging for relaxation

Carolyn from A Glowing Ember [who just moved up to the Okanagan] asked how on earth I could find the time to still blog while in the middle of a move. Well, I blog for relaxation.
We are moving from White Rock next to the ocean, to the Okanagan, and doing it in two and half weeks. Kind of a rush, both in the form of actual work, and the feeling that it gives you.
The first thing most people ask us right now is “are you excited, and then are you stressed out?
Not as excited as we should be, it’s been a whirlwind, lot’s and lot’s to do, and reality hasn’t hit us yet. My car was also hit and damaged the first weekend of our build up to the move, and it’s taken lots of my time. And as for stress, no, not stressed. Tired by the end of the day, but not stressed. That cup of green tea, and a cookie sure tastes good when you finally sink down into the couch for the night. Bootsie is snoring on the pile of blankets strewn around, and the boxes piled up everywhere make it pretty hard to see any of the TV. So I escape to the other room where the computer still is accessible, and blog. Reading blogs, commenting when I can find a minute, and writing about what is happening to us relaxes me. Excitement comes over me in little waves whenever I relax. It’s really happening! We are moving. And then I look around and see what has to be done still, and reality takes a bigger step into my life. But that’s OK, remember the phrase, “be careful what you wish for.” We wished, and prayed, and dreamed, and now it’s happening, so I am going to enjoy as much of it as I can. This is what we wanted, and we are very fortunate to be able to get it. Only a few more days until we move, it’s almost here. Some mornings when I get up to check my blog roll, I can hardly believe it’s coming true. Soon I will be blogging from the land of snowy days, and warm hearts… come with me. It’s a adventure.

Blog, Home, Light, and more:

Blogging for relaxation + Rural