My Way of Living + Words

The absolute joy that photography is to me
6-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0185

You know that feeling you are where you are supposed to be, doing what you are supposed to be doing? It’s called following your bliss. It’s not always easy to know that’s what you are meant to do, it seems that life will put up some pretty big obstacles to stop you from finding your bliss. But when you get there even if only for a moment, everything just clicks into place. As if it was meant to be.

1-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0172

That’s undoubtedly how I feel about being a photography. [And blogging] I can’t really describe it as anything but the certainty that this is what I am supposed to be doing this, and was meant to be doing this all of my life. Now why didn’t I listen closer, sooner.

2-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0178

I know that the camera was calling me early in life, but it was during the time of film, and was beyond my reach for many years. So I pursued a life in art school, I loved painting, printmaking, and drawing, but it didn’t capture my heart like photography does.

3-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0181

Then in order to make a living, I worked, not very many of the jobs were creative, but they paid the bills.

4-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0184

Now when I have the camera in my hand I feel fulfilled, and a day without photos is a empty day.

5-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0187

It’s the absolute certainty that this is what my passion is. What’s yours? Clicking…

Blog, Life, and more:

The absolute joy that photography is to me + Words