My Way of Living + Words

Putting off those winter chores
3-untitled shoot-0405

[All these shots are from last winter, no real snow yet around here, thankfully]. We all have that list of to do stuff some of it’s more fun then others: Since this is our first winter in our own house, we are dealing with winterizing chores that we never had to do before, wrapping taps, taking in hoses, fall clean-up. Planting the last of the half price shrubs into the garden. Granted they are still in their pots, and plunged into the soil, but they are all in, whew… until next spring. What upcoming winter chores have you been putting off? Will you get to them?

1-Awkward family photos-0727

No frost yet, two very light snows, we got the shrubs in under the wire. Getting more soil to top up the garden beds: Looks like it will probably be next spring for that, with the constant rain, it’s a mud ball out there, I am not into making mud pies in the cold. My Mom has been squirreling away tulip bulbs, and each time I saw her she had bought more, next spring she will come and visit them in my garden. “Mom, look it’s your Grand-bulb babies.”

2-Awkward family photos-0752

Next on the list is moving the pumpkin display, away from the front door, so excited “Trick or Treater’s” won’t knock anything down as they deafen the poor cat with the ringing doorbell. He is going to freak, since he has rarely heard it ring.

5-untitled shoot-0417

Notice the new badge on my sidebar? I’m excited to have been invited as a contributor to the Farm Chick Chit Chat blog featuring all things “Farmie”. Everyone there is very friendly, and I am looking forward to getting to know them. Click through on the badge to visit the blog, and be sure to visit their FB page also.

4-untitled shoot-0408

So… I am now going to do a few other off putting winter chores, no really I don’t want to, but I must.

Blog, Life, thankful, and more:

Putting off those winter chores + Words