My Way of Living + Story

Please linger a little while longer Autumn

It’s been said by many of us that Autumn is our favourite season. And while I adore Autumn, and am loving the change in weather with the glorious flourishing of vibrant colors, I have to say that Fall is a fickle friend.
You know what I mean.

The kind of friend that you fall into a little “crush” with, one who has that unique personality, those winning ways, the bright smile that lights up when you meet. But only for a little while.
Until they reel you in, and you unsuspectingly, and heedlessly tell them all of your secrets, pour out your heart in emails, and phone calls.
Gushing over coffee chats, baking them cookies, falling head over heels.
Even going so far as to lend your new found friend your favourite scarf.
And then one day your new friend, starts to take longer to return your emails, and calls.
You are perplexed, concerned, and saddened when you find the email has been discontinued.
What went wrong, was it something that you did?
And how are you to get your favourite scarf back if your new friend won’t even return your calls? Autumn is like that friend, coming on strong in the beginning, dazzling us with it’s colourful displays of opulent over the top foliage.
Glowing, cascading, stunning shows of leaves, hiding a fading beauty. Letting us think that this will go on forever, a endless season of beauty and charm. Seducing us only to shatter our feelings when the leaves start to separate from the branches.

Leaving us bare, dark, wet, and sad.
And nothing more then a pile of sodden leaves, and a chilling frost to show for it. So Autumn, I do love you, I love the way you leave golden kisses on the trees. I love the crispness of the apple harvest, the way the flowers perk up at one last chance to bloom.
And I am asking that you show a little kindness, hold back the frost for just a little longer. Let the berries linger, the flowers bloom, and go to seed. All I need is a little bit more time.
It’s all any of us need.
And hey, Autumn, I would like my favourite scarf back too while we’re talking about it.

Wow, I loved reading your comments on Just a blogger, you have no idea how much it helps to find out that it’s not just me who gets those kind of looks from people. What gives? I’m laughing as I say that… but still, I’m shaking my head. Yes, some people, [and they know who they are, and they are not any of you] “don’t have time to spend talking to people who are not real” on computers all day. Who does? And last time I checked, I was much more then a Bot… or a computer. I’m real, or at least I think I am. But then again, I’m just a Blogger, so maybe not… Nope, I just pinched myself, I’m real. And so are you. And thanks so much for being here, and taking the time to leave a comment. Jane

Blog, Dream, Nature, Photography, Seasons, and more:

Please linger a little while longer Autumn + Story