My Way of Living + Style

My tried and true have failed.
2010 09 09_2294

I think everyone has a tried and true remedy for the common cold. Just like lots of people have a hangover cure. I am not sure how well the hangover cures work, and I’m not eager to find out. To me the best solution would be not to get yourself in that situation. But getting a cold is something that despite our best efforts does happen, sometimes not for years, other times with too much frequency. I do admit that since I started my indoor retail job, I’ve fallen to many a bad one. And for someone who never used to get sick, this is frustrating. Why? And how, I guess are not the important questions, the good one is what to do now that it is starting. Well, I threw my entire arsenal of herbal stuff at this one, but it still took over. Kind of like really bad chickweed. It just started to grow when you turned your back, and then the next thing you knew, it was up to my knees.

2010 09 09_2292

My garden, to use a euphemism might be in dire need of a good weeding. Of course if you tend to the soil first, the plants will flourish, and the weeds won’t. I’m tempted to say “oh manure,” and just head back to bed. But there has to be a reason why I am so susceptible to these illnesses. Gar on the other hand, he’s weed free, I mean cold free, for ever and ever. I’m getting caught up in the garden fence here, and confusing my plants, and my head. Might that have something to do with the pounding, and hammering in my head? Or the stuffed zucchini's they planted in my nose. Who knows.

2010 09 09_2293

I just know that it’s soon to be the start of a long weekend, I have guests coming to visit, and I am doing everything that I can to encourage this cold to leave. Out darn weed, out.

Garden, Inspiration, and more:

My tried and true have failed. + Style