My Way of Living + Things

The One That Got Away

With some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, there are tons of photo ops around here that I just seem to miss when I don't take my camera with me. Like the masses of florescent colored poppies growing in the empty lot, and I did not want to trespass. So I shot this peony instead. And the cutest little white cottage with red geraniums spilling out of its window boxes. Not wanting to to knock on the door and ask permission to photograph, because they might think that I was a local weirdo spying on them. Now the house has been sold and doesn't look the same at all anymore. So I can't show you that either. Or the perfect picket fence with the purple lilacs peeking through, I did not have the time to knock on the door. The next time I came back they were all brown. No shot of the picket fence to show you. Miss any wonderful shots because you forgot to take the camera? Tell me about the"ones that got away". There might never be a better time to take a photo of that old rickety barn with the amazing sunset behind it. That is one that I got, and the next year, the barn collasped from all the winter snow. And then after you take the great photo, try and remember what you did with it.
Because I can't show you that one either.

Performance, Photography, and more:

The One That Got Away + Things