My Way of Living + Visual

The butterfly effect
4-Eckies and butterfly-3672

Early morning watering session, crawl out of bed, it’s been hot all night, and I am still tired, the heat drags me down, slip back into last night’s clothes, pet the Boots our cat, and head out the door. He scrambles out the sliver of front door before I can shut it, but I’m wearing my lime green garden clogs this morning, and life is good.
Head to the side of the house to turn on the hose, and watch him disappear into his favourite hiding place, the one that means I probably won’t be able to watch him while I water… but he’s happy, so I chance it.

1-Eckies and butterfly-3739

The crows disturbed by our presence, won’t stop the cawing that seems to drill into my head, annoyed at them I spray the water towards the tree, marvelling at the mini rainbow I have just created over my brown lawn. Boots watches me solemnly… it’s a cats eye view from where he hides.

2-Eckies and butterfly-3662

T he shaft of morning light peaks over the mountain, and it’s already a hot sun, while the spray of water sparkles like crystals, a hummingbird appears from nowhere to investigate what all the noise is about. They are so unreal in person, so tiny, hovering like a miniature helicopter. It darts and flies so close for a moment I wonder if it will alight on my hand, I can feel the air move around it. Turning my head I look to see if anyone else is here to witness this absolute moment, only the crows, and Boots, and neither seem to care. The hummingbird leaves the water, and wafts over to the Bee Balm, and the Eckies, I am mesmerized.

3-Eckies and butterfly-3671

That afternoon I pass by the window, and a soft fluttering on the Eckies [Echinacea, cone flowers] catches my eyes.this stunning plant is adorned with two beautiful butterflies at the same time. I grab my camera and manage to catch a few shots before they take off. What they are remains a mystery to me, beautiful is my guess.

5-Eckies and butterfly-3667

Life is good when it starts with a hummingbird encounter, then a butterfly sighting… and ends with a spectacular sunset, and backlit Eckies… those shots to come next post. Jane @ Muddy Boot Dreams

6-Eckies and butterfly-3725

Summer schedule posting MBD’s posts on Friday, Sunday, and Wednesday.

Boot, Cats, Garden, HAPPY, Photography, and more:

The butterfly effect + Visual