My Way of Living + Style

Oh peas, now it’s tooooo quiet
2010 08 08_1520

Hard to believe but after months of raucous caterwauling there was actual quiet for extended periods of time the other night. And that’s what woke me up. The sounds of silence. Can you honestly believe it? I kept waking up because there was no sound, no chattering, no screeching, no screams. Coincidence? After I write a blog post called Some Peas and Quiet Please complaining about the 24/7 screeching of the gulls that has been going on for the last many months? That noise that sometimes threatens to drown out conversations, and the TV?

2010 08 08_1518

Well, I have my suspicions, and there was much circling of seagulls the day after I wrote that post, many long keening voices as they gathered, swirled, and then took off in various directions. I think that they held a meeting, a “let’s make Jane think that she is hearing things all night” kind of meeting. Ha! I have witness’s, both Gar, and Bootsie have heard them. So take that you darn seagulls. But the meeting broke up the way that a disagreeing group of NIMBY’s usually does. Typical White Rockers, they can’t agree on anything, other then it’s not going to be in my backyard, uh eh. No way!

2010 08 08_1519

Now everything is back to normal, sweet peas are blooming, the sun is shining, and the seagulls are overtaking White Rock once again. Life is good.

Blog, Garden, Inspiration, Nature, and more:

Oh peas, now it’s tooooo quiet + Style