My Way of Living + Time

Colourfully confused
5-Paint chips-1811

The odd thing about interior design is that I love it, but I have no great urge to make spectacular changes to our house every few months. And I know that there are people who can, and do this all the time. “I just wonder where they get the energy, the inspiration, and the absolute knowledge that you made the right choice.” We have to make some changes when the weather cools, because it’s time to get rid of the dark denim blue hallway, and the lavender living room. Oh and the flesh eating pink bathroom walls, they are going out the door.

3-Paint chips-1807

Soon, just as soon as we can pick some colors. Right, I know you’ve heard me say this before, but this time it’s true.

2-Paint chips-1805

Seriously, I’ve even gone out and picked color chips, and if that’s not a lesson in frustration, what is. Did you know that there are 16.78 million colors of cream? Bisque, beige, cream, cottage white, flower white, sea salt, oatmeal, clotted cream, all this talk of color is making me hungry.

1-Paint chips-1804

And then there is the “greige’s”, the grey/beige combo that is all the rage, did you even know that colors can be all the rage? Oh and don’t forget the new upcoming color trends for 2013, whew, how much more creams do I need? Apparently 12.780 million choices.

4-Paint chips-1810

Sure I am exaggerating, there are only about, oh a million cream tones to choose from, and some will be the “it” cream color for next year, and some will be has beens… oh the pressure.

6-Paint chips-1814

I just want a color that we can live with, a open arms, come on in and put your feet up kind of warm light reflecting color. One of those I feel so at home with this choice that is going to cost around $100 per room in paint alone, kind of color.

7-Paint chips-1818

We have a lot of rooms to paint and I want to make sure we pick the right colors. After all if I make the wrong choice, I am going to have to live with it for a long time. Right now the contenders are all hanging onto the wall with double sided tape, some falling by the wayside as the tape comes undone. Maybe that’s how I should choose, the one left hanging is “THE COLOR.” Survival of the fittest, in color chips. Choosing…

Day, Inspiration, and more:

Colourfully confused + Time