My Way of Living + Light

Split pea’s and garlic

My beautiful purple peas pods, with the surprisingly green peas inside of them are so beautiful. But I am a little perplexed because suddenly they are splitting in half. Nothing is falling out yet, but the pea pods are definitely splitting. [If you know why, please let me know.]
Maybe it’s because I forgot to water my garden. It was only a few days, but I probably shouldn’t have done that.
So maybe I was distracted, the sun came out, the sun went away. We watched the Canadian Snowbirds display team last night. They were amazing, like always. And when they suddenly come out of now where to dive bomb the beach, it makes my heart stop. Talk about sonic boom. Or maybe it was the sheer beauty of a garden that’s not wilting in the sun that made me forget to water it. Frankly, this slightly cooler weather is making gardens look lush, and green, instead of wilted, and pale. See there’s is a good thing in having a rainier summer. Anyways I am excited, because Heather at Missing Goat Blueberry Farm is pulling garlic, and I love LOVE garlic. Heather grows blueberries, makes her own jam, has chickens, all on their certified organic farm. Her jam is absolutely delish, and her blog is wonderful. I promise to share some photos of her amazing farm in the next little while.
So yes, my week is much better, and thanks so much for your kind comments.
Don’t mind my garlic breath, I couldn’t resist taste testing a bit.

Blog, Garden, and more:

Split pea’s and garlic + Light