My Way of Living + Things

Regrets, or"STOP THE CAR!"

Do you ever go somewhere and wish that you had brought your camera. If you are at all into photography more than likely it was forgotten, and you regretted it.
So many times, there is the perfect shot, framed by the most beautiful wild pink roses gracefully arching over the antique pergola, and the lovely old couple back lit by the setting sun. As they fondly gaze into each others eyes…[OK that has never happened but it could]. Hey maybe! One year we were driving through Jasper Alberta, Canada, and I regret not yelling"STOP THE CAR, STOP THE CAR". Envision that IKEA commercial where she is yelling [screaming?" ]"START THE CAR, START THE CAR]. As she quickly runs out to the parking lot. And you get a idea of the urgency I would have to use, just to get my husband to pull over. Every mile or so there were incredible photo ops. Even though digital cameras take amazing photos at 110 km hour, it somehow not the same, as stopping and setting up the shot. He thinks breathtaking scenery refers to sticking your head out of the car window like a dog, taking the shot as you whiz by. Stunning lakes of turquoise and jade green water, shorelines ringed with moose, elk with newborn calves frolicking on the side of the road, rippling streams with bears tossing salmon up in the air. Ok so I exaggerated but you get my point. So needless to say, I don't have any shots of Jasper Alberta to show you. Well there is that blurry one that he claims is a mountain goat. But I am not sure that it wasn't a volvo that we passed by.
Recently we were driving with a friend who is a fellow photographer, and I casually mentioned that a fence strung with buoys, would make a great shot. He STOPPED THE CAR, and then…he waited for me to take the shot. My husband, doesn't seem to process"stop the car, that would make a great shot" as anything other than a mundane muttering from the hostage/passenger beside him. He feels that any request to stop should be made in writing, days before the journey is taken. And I don't like to drive. So Jasper remains one big regret for me. Jane

Performance, Photography, race, road, RUN, and more:

Regrets, or"STOP THE CAR!" + Things