My Way of Living + Time

If it wasn’t the heat, maybe it was the strawberry margaritas

I’ve been helping out at my Sister’s

1-Snap peas-0257

strawberry farm, and the weather is giving us what feels like record breaking heat each day that I work.

It’s a heat wave… And when life hands you ripe strawberries what do you do? You make strawberry margaritas. At work… yes, at work. By 11:00 am many of the pickers are leaving the fields, because the berries are too soft to pick some of them start at 4:30 in the morning, the break of dawn. Thankfully I am not a picker, but get to help out in the retail area, serving customers, and sorting the fresh picked strawberries.

2-Snap peas-0258

Ever had your employer ask if anyone is up for a strawberry margarita? During work hours? That’s what happened the other day, the pickers had all gone home, we were sorting out the last of the berries and my Sister decided it was Margarita time and we were pretty happy about that.

3-Snap peas-0266

Perfectly wonderful, and it tasted so good on a empty stomach. Nice to know we put the slightly bruised berries to good use. We usually wait to take a break until after the berries are all sorted and put into the cooler, they are that perishable.

4-Snap peas-0269

Only problem, this was one sorter that sort of has a bit of a tipsy problem… I rarely have any alcohol, and with the heat, and no food, I could really feel it.

5-Snap peas-0255

One berry, two berries, whoops I dropped a few… [no one drove for hours after imbibing, and we only had a tiny one.] But still it was a happy day at a fun job. Happy, and just a wee bit tipsy…

Day, food, HAPPY, thankful, and more:

If it wasn’t the heat, maybe it was the strawberry margaritas + Time