My Way of Living + Things

BUG KARMA

I am squishing this post in between the next one for all you squeamish gardeners. That way if you are at all fearful of gigantic man eating, flesh pinching bugs then you can just click to the next lovely shot of peaceful flowers.
It's a June Bug. Phyllophaga. And I found it at work. Since I work at a garden centre that's not too surprising. But what is rather interesting is that I have never seen an actual June bug. Never come across them [ never accidentally almost touched that great big hairy, gigantic man eating, flesh pinching, small shudder] before. Generally we don't run across them that much. But my motto is where there is one, there are lots more. Ok I'm under control now. And just so you know, that was not me screeching, REALLY. But I did freak a customer out. Way to go Jane! Great customer service. As if she will ever come back.
We did not harm it, would not dare to, we educated a few people about it, and then we set it free in the neighbours yard. You should have seen the fun we had with a tomato hornworm last summer.
People just don't like really really big bugs. And this beetle was BIG! At least 1.5 inches. My older neighbour once killed a ant, and the next day there were an entire colony of ants marching through his apartment from one end to the other for days, now that's bug karma. So there was no way I was going to do anything to this baby. And if that's not a sign of global warming, what is?

Garden, Nature, Performance, RUN, summer fun, and more:

BUG KARMA + Things