My Way of Living + Visual

What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
3-Morning light-7347

There’s a little drug store in the small town near where we live, and it has the nicest collection of giftware I’ve seen up here yet. Someone has a great eye for display, and it’s a delight to walk in there and see the latest little treasures they have acquired. All displayed in a color coordinated, beautifully layered way that makes you want to take it home with you, or gift it to someone special.

1-Lily of the valley-7520

It’s where my stolen moments are spent, the time between errands, the moments I am waiting for my husband to get his coffee and share stories with the local coffee shop. “Take your time I say”… with a grin, you know where to find me.
Although I only purchase with my eyes, there is much to inspire, and temp me in there,I’m a visual person. Stretched canvas prints of quotes overlaying photos of luscious gardens filled with flowers and bird houses, distressed wood signs, turquoise ceramic birds nests that can hold a votive candle, or a egg. Glassware galore, orange, brown, russet hanging with clear speckled glasses, tea towels, all sorts of gorgeous picture frames, and pillows. It’s quite the collection of beautiful items…

2-Lily of the valley-7542

But the ones that catch my eye are the quotes… dream, imagine, lake, pond, love.
You had me at meow… oh, those capture my heart.
And the favourite one this week?
A mixed collage stretched canvas that asks: What would you do if you knew you could not fail? I like to ask myself what would I do?
And I know my answer…
What’s yours?

4-Morning light-7348

I wanted to mention two posts I have read this week, that really got me thinking, and I hope you will read them.
First is by the amazingly talented Cindy from Rosehaven Cottage. Cindy’s post the other day titled, Early blooming rudbeckia… struck a chord with my middle aged mind… on how we compare ourselves and the use of our talents to others, especially if you are a mature woman, see if if does that for you also.
The second is Claudia’s post from Mockingbird hill Cottage… On blogging, why I no longer care about stats and competition. Claudia has written about the changes that blogging has gone through in the last few years, it’s not the cosy little group it used to be. Is this a good thing, or not. She doesn’t mince words, stands up for her beliefs, and is wonderfully popular, for a good reason, she’s a great writer, and blogger.
To me, these two bloggers are some of the reasons we love reading blogs… posts that are well written, and while deeply personal, still engaging. I hope that you find them that way also.

Blog, Boot, Home, HOPE, and more:

What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? + Visual