My Way of Living + Time

Sprinklers, iris, rocks, and Chiro
5-Iris texture 5

The story pretty much goes in the same order as the post title… first we tested the sprinkler system out in the front yard the other day. It works, barely, seems that you can’t test it out when it’s –20 C which is what it was when we toured the house. There doesn’t seem to be enough water pressure to make the heads pop up out of the ground fully, and some of them leak. Oh well, a brown lawn doesn’t bother me too much, but dead flowers, that hurts this gardener. I figured out why there is such odd placement of plants in the front beds, it seemed rather sporadic, lots here, and nothing there, no real design plan. I found out the answer as soon as we turned the sprinklers on, they planted where the water hit the beds.

1-Iris texture 2012

Spread out your fingers and take a look at them… that’s how the water hits the bed, and that’s where the plants are situated. Except for the poor iris which doesn’t need too much water, and was getting a mouthful. Beautiful purple short iris… any one know what kind it is?

2-Iris 2 texture 2012

The iris needed a large rock to block the steady stream of water from the sprinkler, and I grabbed one from the gravel bed in the front yard. But I must have done something very wrong, because I have been in pain for a few days. Pain, and stiff, walking way older then my now ahem… 50 years of age.

4-Iris 4 texture 2012

So off to meet my new Chiropractor, after all it’s been months since my last and final visit with my old Chiro. Nothing like having a total stranger leaning over you when you are in a vulnerable position, and in immense pain. But he is very nice, and I have another appointment with him next week. So there you have it, sprinklers, iris, rocks, and Chiro. My life as a gardener. The funny thing about Chiropractors, people seem to love them, and get amazing results, or never go to them, because they just don’t believe in them, which one are you?

Day, and more:

Sprinklers, iris, rocks, and Chiro + Time