My Way of Living + Visual

Creative crouch–photography
1-Lily of the valley-7547

One of the coolest things coming from having sciatica is how creative you can be in order to get that shot. These tulips are only about 14 inches tall, and the garden bed is full of plants that are happily growing.

2-Lily of the valley-7548

I really wanted to catch the sun as it was going down, and thought they would look great in that light. Problem was, there was no way I could get more then one foot into the bed at a time.

3-Lily of the valley-7550

And there was no way I could lay down once I got myself in there. Which incidentally if you are over 6 feet tall, is how low tall people might need to be in order to get the setting sun behind a flower. The rest of the world can most likely just crouch down a little.
So I compromised… one foot in the bed, no bending, no real crouching… just a gentle knee bending, hold the camera down by your legs as low as you can go… sciatica be darned. Well… ignored for a few seconds.

4-Lily of the valley-7552

Focus on the flower, and do my best to make sure the setting sun was behind them… as soon as the lens focused, I clicked.
It took a few tries, but I am really happy with how it turned out.

5-Lily of the valley-7554

Interesting to note that I don’t always have to look through the view finder to get the shot.
Of course my fancy new camera does have a swivel out screen, but I keep forgetting how to take the shot when I use live view.
So I guess I could read up on that, and try to remember how to do it for the next time.
But so far crouch photography is working for me.

6-Lily of the valley-7555

Boot, HAPPY, Nature, Photography, and more:

Creative crouch–photography + Visual