My Way of Living + Visual

Letting it loose
1-Pic monkey shots

We’ve been having a good time in last few posts, you are very creative in your ways of putting arrogant Photographers who rant in their place. And I thank you for all of your lovely [and creative] comments.you made me laugh, and you made me realize that I need to believe in myself, not in what “they” might say.
But I have to tell you, it felt kind of good to let it loose and say “take that.”
Really good, and I thank you.
Self confidence is a funny thing, and those voices in our heads have a way of drowning it out sometimes.
Can I say this to all of us, believe in yourself, in your creativity… even if others tell you something different.
And it’s wonderful to know that someone has your back.

2-Lilacs-6879

Now onto other stuff:
It’s been super hot here the entire last week, I mean super hot, as in over 30 C which is stinking hot in F.
And now it’s cold… again. What’s with that?
We have the heat on now, when we could have used the air conditioning last week, from roasting to freezing.

3-Lilacs-6875

It seemed that every poor plant that was lurking underneath the soil suddenly pushed it’s self upwards towards the heat, and then couldn’t deal with it without almost constant watering. Think going from living in Alaska to basking on the beach in Hawaii in one day. Poor babies, it was tough.

4-Lilacs-7079

But they all made it, me.well my arms feel like they are going to fall off from all the watering I’ve had to do. We went from no water restrictions to stage two… no sprinkling, hand watering between certain hours only.

5-Lilacs-7104

Those hours would be the ones that the mosquitoes are at their worst of course, I’ve already been bitten too many times. And being allergic to almost all natural and chemical sprays makes it hard to find something that works for me. Any suggestions on natural stuff that really truly works?
I’ve been reading about sprinkling granular garlic on the garden, Pinterest pinners are always creative in their ideas… spraying Listerine around the patio, and planting certain plants… does any of this really work, they seem to swear by it? Or am I wasting my time, and my money?

6-Lilacs-7106

Boot, Photography, and more:

Letting it loose + Visual