My Way of Living + Time

Noises, gnomes, and naked yards
1-untitled shoot-1113

It’s been a few weeks since the last of the “unexplained noises” happened in the kitchen, they ceased after I wrote the post I just need a reasonable explanation for this. But that may be due to the mornings being a little brighter, or the rising temperatures. It seemed to happen when the weather was below freezing. There were some great theories as to where, how, and why… but you know, I am going with it was a floor joist that moves with the cold.

3-untitled shoot-1115

There was a lovely line in a book that sticks in my mind, one character telling another about empty houses… ”they can just pine away from loneliness if left alone too long.” I think that is true, this house was lonely, sad, and empty when we looked at it, since it was up for sale since last summer.

4-untitled shoot-1110

Now, it’s comfy, warm, and inviting, the floors no longer echo hollowly, the area rugs that the Boo loves to scratch absorb the sounds of feet shuffling on the laminate. In fact my sister, “she who knows houses” gave us a compliment the other day, saying our house was very nice, that’s high praise for her.

1-untitled shoot-0744

We have a gnome in the front yard, sickly yellow face, pipe at a jaunty angle, and I have a intense dislike for it. It came with the house, thought of painting it a different color, thought of accidentally covering it up with dirt, or branches, but there it still sits. I really hope it doesn’t reproduce, and the only reason it is still there was it was frozen to the ground. Warm up soil, because that gnome is moving on.

5-July 2011 Campbell Valley Park (11 of 222)

The Boo, at our old place Now to the naked back yard, I think the reason Boo wants out in the front yard, aside from the thrill of running on over to the neighbours to be treed by the dog, is that there are masses of shrubs out there to hide in. And the back yard is one big scary football field to him. There is almost nothing planted in the back yard, and to me it’s one big empty canvas. It’s hard not to just go out and get some plants in order to fill up the yard for him, but I need to think this through, and plan what we are going to do carefully.

2-untitled shoot-1109

Random kitty, not the BOO! My plants are coming up from the coast, all the pots that can be fit into the back of a truck, will be riding up the Coquahalla hiway in the cold snowy wet road. I really hope they don’t go into shock, but what can we do? Now the Boo will have something to hide under, and survey the scenery, and the neighbouring dogs from. If you would like to see a funny Utube video on Gnomes Grace from Gardening with Grace sent me something that will be sure to make you chuckle… Utube Gnomes

Day, HOPE, race, road, RUN, running, summer fun, and more:

Noises, gnomes, and naked yards + Time