My Way of Living + Time

Land of the big skies, and even bigger mountains
03-Coquahalla Hwy-071

Even though it was a whirlwind trip down to the coast last week, I managed to snap some shots of the scenic Coquahalla Highway on the way.

05-Coquahalla Hwy-076

I had to use my camera phone, because the DSLR camera was in the back seat, and I didn’t want to take my eyes off of the road… and no I wasn’t driving.

02-Coquahalla Hwy-067

My husband is a really good driver, I’m just one of those front seat drivers … ”it’s not you sweetie, it’s the other drivers that I am worried about.”

01-Coquahalla Hwy-065

What? It’s the truth… honestly.

04-Coquahalla Hwy-073

In total the trip is about 5 hours each way passing through high elevation mountains, and snow covered passes to the flat land of the Fraser Valley.

06-Coquahalla Hwy-077
07-Coquahalla Hwy-086

Not bad for a little android 2 MP phone is it?

08-Coquahalla Hwy-088

OK, this is one of my most favourite barns in the world, I am a nut over barns. And I was always intending to drive out there and ask for permission to take photos of this barn…

09-Coquahalla Hwy-098

Of course it was a hour and a half drive away from where we used to live, so I put it off, and now it’s about 4 hours away.

10-Coquahalla Hwy-100

We followed this moving truck back for miles on the way back, it just happened to be the same company that moved us a few months ago… talk about deja vu.

11-Coquahalla Hwy-102

They had said that the Coquahalla had record snowfalls this year, that snow bank is higher then the semi trucks whipping by.

14-Coquahalla Hwy-161

This is just outside of Merritt, it’s the area where the beautiful lush land ends and the desert begins.

16-Coquahalla Hwy-185

For some reason this is one of my most favourite spots on the entire trip, you climb the hill, and there in the distance is a gorgeous lake, right in the middle of the sagebrush, and arid land.

15-Coquahalla Hwy-180
17-Coquahalla Hwy-193

Good to be home again… thanks for coming along on the trip.

18-Coquahalla Hwy-194

Day, road, and more:

Land of the big skies, and even bigger mountains + Time