My Way of Living + shoes

House hunting… it continues
untitled shoot-0136

We are still out there actively looking for our perfect “dream home.” House hunting continues for us whether there are snowy roofs, or above normal temperatures. Of course the Christmas season has slowed us down a little, but we were back at it yesterday.

Snow shots-1045

Honestly, I have a hard time touring peoples private enclaves [houses]. I know that they are up for sale, and I need to envision myself living in the space, but I have found that a uninhabited house is easier for me. It makes me uncomfortable to see people’s Christmas trees, and pressies all laid out there. I feel a little like a voyeur, touring the bedrooms, and ensuites especially of those whose people let it all sit out on the counters. I try not to look too closely, after all, I am not interested in what kind of deodorant they are using, but in what color the bathroom sink is. How do you feel about this? Or is this just a quirk that I have?

Snow shots-0985

Some of the houses we have looked at are perfectly staged, music playing, heat on, lights on, and the most important part, clean floors. Oh to have clean floors, and not worry about what you have picked up on your socks. I guess I could get those little slip on blue booties… but it’s the norm to take off your shoes. Some of the places, well let’s just say that taking off your shoes should be a option, you are more likely to get dirty socks, then dirty the floors. When we get home the first thing to come off is my socks… ugh. I hate dirty socks, and dirty floors.

Awkward family photos-0748

It seems if the yard is perfect, then the house isn’t. If the house is a good fit, then it doesn’t have any privacy. We have looked at so many houses that they are starting to blur into one big smozzle. Our Realtor had a great suggestion, take a feature and identify it with each house, kind of like giving it a nick name. Maybe next time I will tell you about the “dog mess house,” and the ice house.

art of living, Blog, Light, and more:

House hunting… it continues + shoes