My Way of Living + Light

Counting the days, and I want some photos too!
Camera phone winter shots-626

It’s a mere 9 days until we get into our house. I am counting the days, I can’t wait, it’s going to be so exciting to finally have our own place. And to know that the banging upstairs isn’t from the third floor neighbours, it’s just one of us making some noise hanging pictures. I’m still reminding myself to bring quarters each time I need to do a load of laundry, old 17 year habits don’t die easily. After all of those years shuffling, and coordinating laundry on 3 floors in our condo my husband and I tag teamed the laundry so many times, it was second nature. “Do you have quarters?” Yes, what floor? “The washer on one, and the dryer on 3.” It seemed that the entire condo building wanted to do it’s laundry at the same time, no matter what day, or time we choose. Now to have the luxury of doing laundry whenever, and however we choose… bliss.

Camera phone winter shots-631

No more curious neighbours walking past our ground floor windows as I am getting changed. Can you believe it, privacy? More then once I have dove for the floor in the bedroom and hid myself behind the bed, as yet another neighbour strolled by to admire the patio garden. That gives another meaning to the phrase, nude garden statues.

Camera phone winter shots-633

I wish I had taken more photos when we were in the house during our house hunt. The last time we were there was for the house inspection, and I was so intent on learning everything I could from the inspector about the house, that I never took any photos. Condo living is easy compared to living in a house, where upkeep, and maintenance are so important. We had a great inspection, and there are very few issues that need to be dealt with when we move in but this is serious stuff, and I had to pay attention.

Camera phone winter shots-634

Part of me wanted to wander and take photos, redecorate in my mind, letting my husband deal with the technical stuff… our offer was based on a favourable house inspection, and I was very strict with myself. No mental decorating until you know for sure it’s yours. No falling in love with this house until the offer goes through!

Camera phone winter shots-637

So it’s ours, in 9 days, then I will be able to share photos, and ask your decorating advice. I don’t know about you, but I always want to know that my kitchen, and bathrooms are super clean when I move into a new place. Meanwhile I am gathering together my non toxic cleaning supplies, organizing ideas, and hoping for more photos soon.

art of living, Blog, and more:

Counting the days, and I want some photos too! + Light