My Way of Living + Words

My studio is in bloom
3-MBD Studio shots-0968

Every time I peek through the doorway, I can’t believe my eyes, it’s nearly finished, and I love it. It’s not just the change of color, it’s that the entire space feels different, creative, nurturing full of possibilities. My studio is in bloom, and I can feel my creative spirit rejuvenating itself. That color has bothered me from the first day we saw it. These new changes are feeling great from the wall tattoo over the door, with the quote by Emily Dickenson, “Dwell in possibilities” to the cute little turquoise bird houses lined up on the shelf, it’s inspiring, calm, and personal, and creative. I love the creamy background, the room feels larger, brighter, and warmer.

1-MBD Studio shots-0962

On the wall besides the door there is a mini art gallery space where I can line up my framed photos, I love that idea, and have always wanted to do that. Behind the door I plan on hanging all of my wrapping supplies so they are ready to use, without any visual clutter.

4-MBD Studio shots-0969

My drafting desk sits next to the window, and a Streptocarpus is blooming it’s heart out with the bright light. Many times I have set up old barn board, or a piece of velvet and used the desk as a quick photo studio.

5-MBD Studio shots-0976

The shelving on the wall is more then something pretty to look at. Ribbons, and crafting pretties are stored in the boxes sitting on the shelves.

2-MBD Studio shots-0965

Paper, oh do I have paper, all stored in the open closet right behind where I sit, easier to be creative when you don’t look at it all day long.

8-MBD Studio shots-0987

Not quite tidy enough to share a photo yet, there are shelves and drawers holding all of my crafting paper, tools, and glues.

6-MBD Studio shots-0978

The wall opposite the drafting desk houses an antique zinc topped table with my sewing machine always ready for action.

1-MBD Studio shots-1005

Double inspiration boards above that table, are filled with creative bits and pieces, and can be easily changed out should a idea start to take shape.

9-MBD Studio shots-0998

From a cold periwinkle, gloomy guest room, to a cheerful, bright inventive room that inspires me, and urges me to sit down and create, it’s amazing what a studio in bloom can do for your heart.

7-MBD Studio shots-0985

Happy…

HAPPY, Inspiration, Life, and more:

My studio is in bloom + Words