My Way of Living + Words

Big skies, and big brats
6-MBD 2012 Fall leaves and foliage-0650

Big skies in our neighbourhood but not that big that I can’t see off in the far distance some brats destroying the new kid’s park before it’s even finished. I yelled from our driveway at them, suddenly neighbour’s front doors are slammed shut. In hindsight I wonder if they thought I was yelling at my husband. “Oh well, there goes my reputation.”

3-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0742

It was nearing darkness, the Boo and I were watching my husband sweep the driveway when we caught a glimpse through the trees of kids trying to destroy the expensive “dog” park that the township is putting in for the kids.” [More people use it as a dog park then kids do, let’s call it what it is].

1-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0740

As I yelled down the street at the brats intent on ripping up the landscape fabric that had just been installed, a few of the neighbours suddenly disappeared into their houses, I was sure that “hey you, stop that” would have brought someone to their senses, apparently it did. Can’t wait to hear the rumours about this one.

4-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0756

As I was marching down the street in my baggy pants, and garden clogs, [such a threatening figure] someone drove up to the community mailbox in front of the park, and the brats sauntered off into the street like nothing was wrong.

5-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0769

You can bet they will be back, and this time who will catch them? Won’t be the person who got their mail, they acted like nothing unusual was happening while a bunch of kids pulled up fabric, and tossed planks in front of them… I can’t run after them, and hold up my gardening pants at the same time.

2-MBD 2012 Fall foliage-0741

I called the police, they are only open from 8:30 to 4:30, please leave a message… I told them I need a belt.

Life, RUN, and more:

Big skies, and big brats + Words