My Way of Living + Style

It takes a long time to grow a old friend.
2010 08 08_1419

I made up with a old friend today, worked out our differences, and decided to go forward, and forget the past. It wasn’t easy to do, things have been rather hot between us lately, and I was waiting for my feelings to cool down substantially before I approached again. But I am glad that I have done it. If I were to wait to long, I might have regrets, more disappointments, and sadness. Besides now that the summer heat is over, and the cooler temperatures reign, it’s a lot easier to visit my garden, my good friend. During the heat of summer, I must admit to neglecting the watering, the weeding, the deadheading. It’s that kind of friendship, “a you get what you give.”

2010 08 08_1436

And sometimes you end up giving too much, and getting little in return. This is the year of giving lots, and not really getting a return. My garden has been a big disappointment as far as friends go this year. Early promises, and then long wet spring, hardly makes for a great friendship. Everything was stunted, short, and timid. Tomatoes, beans, flowers. The only thing that really grew were the peas, and they took months to show up.

2010 08 08_1699

So as I take stock of our friendship, I do realize that each one is different, and good friends are hard to come by. And it takes a long time to grow a old friend.

Home, Inspiration, and more:

It takes a long time to grow a old friend. + Style