My Way of Living + Time

Today… autumn told us she’s coming to visit
3-Still life shots-1291-copy

We got a call this morning from a old friend called Autumn. She said she is coming to visit, bringing russets and browns, gold's, and glimmers. But Autumn we told her, it’s too soon to visit us, we are not prepared, she merely blew out a chilly breath out on us, and laughed. She will tread lightly through the turning flowers that’s her promise. It’s on my schedule she informed us, not yours, and soon I will be here, so ready the garden, and unpack the good blankets, for I am on my way.

1-Flower boquet texture

See me in the leaves slowing falling from the trees, turning red, and caramel colored shades she told us. Feel me in that early morning shiver when you step out to water your summer garden. Say goodbye to those sweet summer days, the golden nights are coming, I am not letting you know exactly when, but soon I will be there.

2-Flower Bouquet 3 texture

We have no room for you we tried telling her, that doesn’t bother me she said, I will come softly, treading lightly through the fading flowers, you will hardly know I am here until one day I am your guest, living at your house. The days will be warm but the nights will cool, and suddenly you will shiver, and know that I am here for my visit.

4-Still life shots-1293-copy

Some house guest we thought, and then we saw what she promised to bring with her, a colorful harvest, a glow cast upon the gardens, and a break in the endless heat. We are opening our doors, our house, our garden to Autumn, and she’s welcome to stay for as long as she likes. Readying for Autumn…

Day, and more:

Today… autumn told us she’s coming to visit + Time