My Way of Living + Time

She is the keeper of the peony
1-Peony-0595

He’s She’s the guy in charge, at least I assumed this keeper of the peony was a guy. [Thanks to Carolynn @ A Glowing Ember for letting me know that she was a girl ant. See Carolynn’s comment below for the details.]

2-Peony-0599

Every time I take a shot of the bud, watching as the green covering separated and spreads like a reverse eclipse he she is perched on top.

3-Peony-0601

Guarding the precious flower bud with her life, as if daring me to come any closer.

4-Peony-0604

And when my lens comes closer the ant disappears round the other side, only venturing back when I move away.

7-Peony-0619

Sometimes she has a helper, after all this is a serious job, and she works all day, and most likely into the night. Do ants sleep?

5-Peony-0606

She is the keeper of the peony, and I wonder what job she will move onto next after the blooms fade.

6-Peony-0608

Day, and more:

She is the keeper of the peony + Time