My Way of Living + Things

Never thought I would be asking for this

I never thought that I would be asking for this, but after 4 weeks of dry weather, we need rain. A real wet downpour that can soak into the dry grass, a BC style rain. The kind that we are so used to in June. Yes that is right, in a rain forest climate that has a high precipitation levels, with rubber boots parked at every doorway, and raincoats dangling from every hook, we need rain. A climate that has only two moisture free weeks per year. Our grass is brown, not the usual verdant green that sparkles from the underground sprinklers raining sparkling water diamonds upon it, but brown. A awful dormant, late August brown. The birds are suffering also, gathering to drink from any water source they can find. This is June, t he gardens are dry, not the late August,"oh please don't leave me without water for another day" wilting, but leaves are yearning for moisture. With the foliage still fresh from a late spring burst, the garden is doing it's best to showcase the wide variety of green that it can offer, but some yellow is creeping in. The weather man promises rain, occasionally, and the clouds roll in, thundering across the sky, darkening the day, threatening, and after a few petulant drops are spit they scatter home again. I have heard that other communities are getting some sprinkles, but they don't amount to much. Sparse droplet that spread the pollen on the car windows into yellow puddles, but not much more.

When we were children on my Grandparents farm, they used to encourage us to do a rain dance on hot days, dancing in circles, whooping and laughing. Makes me wonder what the neighbours would think if I went out there now? Maybe I should just ask for rain, the neighbours already think that I am nuts.

Garden, Performance, Seasons, and more:

Never thought I would be asking for this + Things