My Way of Living + Visual

Pinterest picks–Epsom Salt
3-Gardening-7819

It’s been a while since I have done a Pinterest Pick, with spring in full bloom the garden is keeping me super busy… but I wanted to let you know about something I’ve found that really helps out is Epsom Salts. There are so many pins on Pinterest showing the use of Epsom Salts, that I am not going to link to one specific pin in this post.

1-Gardening-7815

Amazing mineral, Magnesium Sulphate, that has so many uses.soak your sore feet in it after a day of hard gardening, spray it on your foliage, add it to the holes when you plant tomatoes, and I have been mixing it with some Fish Fertilizer lately in lots of water to get those tiny transplanted babies rooting in fast. Epsom salts contain magnesium… and it’s not just a Pinterest fail.it really works.

2-Gardening-7825

There are two rose bushes that I transplanted from the front to the back garden, still bare leafless branches that I literally plucked from the ground. Poor things seemed to have left much of their root balls behind… that’s what happened when previous owners planted them in the clay soil around the foundation of our house. I gave them a severe pruning… they needed it, and now are tremulously trying to push some shoots out for me.

4-Gardening-7827

I notice when I remember to water them with a Epsom Salt bath they do a bit better. Believe me, it’s not going to hurt them… they are pretty scary… and last year, only one tiny blossom between the two of them.

5-Gardening-7832

So it’s going to be heave ho onto the old compost pile if they don’t perk up. Work for your blooms or else, I’m a ruthless gardener.

6-Gardening-7845

I have lots of Epsom Salts sitting outside beside the watering can, along with a good sized container of fish fertilizer… both of them perfect for my organic gardening ideals. Now if only Epsom Salts could repel mosquitoes.

Boot, Garden, RUN, Rural, and more:

Pinterest picks–Epsom Salt + Visual