My Way of Living + Time

Hiking on the mountain
07-Mnt Rose Swanson-0532

Yes, I really did hike up a mountain, Rose Swanson mountain in Armstrong is a very popular climbing area with great trails, and is rated moderate to difficult to climb, and even though it had some pretty harsh switchbacks in places the view was worth it.

01-Mnt Rose Swanson-0514

There were three points where we could see for miles in either direction, towards Vernon, and back the other way towards the Shuswap.

11-Mnt Rose Swanson-0587

At the summit we could see three of the Okanagan’s famous lakes at one time… pretty amazing. This is only one of the lakes.

02-Mnt Rose Swanson-0517

With the spring runoff leaving behind little ponds, the mosquitoes were kind of bad, but the wildflowers, and the vegetation were gorgeous.

08-Mnt Rose Swanson-0541

Looks like some type of Campanula was growing in the rocks at the very top of the mountain, now that’s a hardy plant.

09-Mnt Rose Swanson-0552

We saw a type of Fritillaria, that they call a chocolate lilies, Indian paintbrush, and lots of other pretty foliage.

06-Mnt Rose Swanson-0530

My nimble niece who plants trees, and does forestry work all day had no problem hiking up the mountainside, after all for her it’s all in a days work.

10-Mnt Rose Swanson-0578

Me… well I wish I had done a few more bike rides to get into the groove, but I am looking forward to doing it again. I took my camera along, and every time I got out of breath I would stop to take a photo… I have a lot of photos.

12-Mnt Rose Swanson-0592

Don’t think this is something that I could do every week, but it is something that I will do again, maybe in the fall, can you imagine the colors of the leaves then?

Day, RUN, and more:

Hiking on the mountain + Time