My Way of Living + Visual

Bootsie’s great escape

What’s black and white and

4-Eggs and nests-2787

can whisk it’s self out of sight in a mere seconds? Well the Boo of course. Let him out the front, turn your back for just a second, and like a flash he is gone. Only time I’ve seen him move faster is when someone taps his food dish. And usually we find him at the neighbours house, it seems as much as next door dog, Rocky loves to visit here, our cat, Boo loves to visit over there.

1-Eggs and nests-2786

At least Rocky won’t be chasing him up a tree like the other neighbour dog Daisy did. Didn’t know my fat cat could climb a great big fir tree like that… and I have the feeling that the Boo didn’t realize it himself until he did it.

2-Eggs and nests-2785

Boots seems to know that I can’t bend, and there is no way I can shoo him out from under the next door truck, or the upturned boat… he’s quite gleeful about it in fact. Meow.

3-Eggs and nests-2784

The other day I was out front with Boo, turned my back and he was gone, just caught a glance of a black furry tail going under the truck. I am standing in front of the truck, muttering away… knowing that my super nice neighbours can see me through their front window but not hear me, “get out, get out from under there BOOTSIE, now, get out.” “I’m serious, I am going to tell them to let Rocky out, and you won’t like it.”

5-Eggs and nests-2788

The front door opens, my neighbour comes out, and she is so sweet, elderly… ” P said not to let Rocky out” she tells me… I am so tempted to tell her to go ahead please do, it would serve the Boo right. “I can’t bend down to get him, and he knows it” I tell her as I make a face at the truck. “There’s a broom right there, you can tap the boat with it, and maybe he will run home.” Of course Boo seeing me turn my back has now moved from under the truck to under the boat. He knows that I can’t reach him under there no matter how flexible I am. “Oh… I’ll tap it… ” And I do. Hard. I don’t think the Boo will be hanging out under that boat for a while. In fact the last time I saw him move that fast he was being chased by a big black dog named Daisy. Oh, oh, looks like I should clarify something… Bootsie grew up as a outdoor kitty before he adopted us, he would spend most of his time outside when we lived in White Rock, I always worried for him. Since we have moved up here, he does spend most of his time indoors, but he still has a desire to go out front, and he is fully supervised at all times, as long as you don’t turn your back for a second. He has a fully fenced backyard that we are constantly updating [to make him happy, I tell my husband] but it doesn’t have the same allure as the front. So to accommodate his desire for adventure he is occasionally allowed to go out front. He is supervised even in the backyard… we love him dearly, and there is no way a eagle is going to take off with my Boo. Jane

Boot, food, HAPPY, RUN, and more:

Bootsie’s great escape + Visual