My Way of Living + Things

My feet are COLD!

I have forgotten how it feels to have cold feet for 7 months. We are spoiled during the summer heat. Wandering around barefoot, and contented. Flip flops, and sandals, our best friends.
But all good things must get colder, right. Fall is nice, but that nipping little breeze on the toes… not so good. Working at the nursery, with my boots slurping up the rain drops, I latently remember that the week before I was going to get some wool socks. Cotton anklets definitely will not do the job, with a howling November wind circling my legs like a wolf.
Call it what you like, Anorak, Wind Cheater, Raincoat, a good waterproof jacket with a hood is a must in our climate. Umbrellas are hardly up to the task, with the tendency to turn themselves inside out at the slightest gust. The heavier the rain, the more it is likely to happen. Ever been on the outside of a umbrella, with the rain steaming down your collar? So we unhappily slog through November and its dank darkness, hoping for the lights of the upcoming Christmas season to carry us through to the end of the year. And then, soon it will be spring again.

Garden, Performance, Seasons, and more:

My feet are COLD! + Things